Feel free to use the handy reference guide inside our brochure, but please contact the organization before taking in your recyclables and check back often for changes or new recyclers! Check out our General Recycling Presentation.
As a courtesy to the businesses and organizations working to help minimize waste in our landfills, please call first:
Archie’s Auto Body Repair, 265-4433
1530 US Hwy 2
• Will provide 5 gallon metal buckets with cut tops for small recyclable metal or will cut your bucket.
Batteries Plus, 761-1238
900 10th Ave S. #3, Great Falls
•Alkaline, Lithium etc. batteries.
•Discount on purchases when recyclables are brought in.
Big Sandy Activities, 378-2598
142 Great Northern Avenue, Big Sandy MT
• Aluminum cans.
Bob’s Greenhouse, 265-2406
836 15th Street. Hours: 9-7 Mon-Fri, 11-4 Sat
• Garden pots and containers including plastic.
Boys and Girls Club of the Hi-Line, 265-6206 extension 308
500 First Avenue, Havre MT 59501. Hours: 8-6 Mon – Fri
PLEASE CALL FIRST
• Inkjet cartridges, cell phones, MP3 players, jewelry, digital cameras, digital video cameras, GPS devices, radar detectors, Kindle and Sony e-readers, laptops and netbooks.
Computer Center, 265-6000
128 3rd Avenue
• Cell phones, ink cartridges, laptops, rechargeable batteries.
Gary & Leo’s IGA, 265-1404
730 1st Street. Hours: 6am – midnight
• Purchase cloth bags for reuse to carry groceries, $1.
• 10 cents off every bag if you bring your own cloth, plastic or paper bag.
Havre Day Activity Center (HDAC), 265-5506
235 1st Street W. Hours: 9-3 Mon-Fri
• Vehicle batteries.
• Shreds office paper and sensitive documents for 32 cents a pound.
• Will pick up cardboard for a nominal fee, bins on site at HDAC.
Hill County 4-H Foundation, 265-5481 extension 233
Courthouse basement, 315 4th Avenue. Hours: 8-5 Mon-Fri
• Cell phones, iPads and tablets, digital and video cameras, MP3 players, TI graphing calculators, e-book readers, range finders, GPS devices, gaming consoles, handheld gaming systems, laptops and notebook computers, radar detectors, small ink cartridges, gold, platinum or silver jewelry.
• Not accepting monitors, keyboard or towers.
Montana State University-Northern, 265-3561
Student Union Building. Hours: 7am-9pm Mon-Fri
NAPA Auto Parts, 265-4393
109 1st Street W. Hours: 8-5 Mon-Sat
• Batteries exchanged on new.
Office Equipment Company, 265-9611
200 2nd Street. Hours: 8:30-5:30 Mon-Fri
• Small ink cartridges.
• Sharp brand toner cartridges.
Pacific Steel and Recycling, 265-5824
1805 US Highway 2 N. Hours: 8-5 Mon-Fri
• Ferrous metals- a magnet will stick to it.
• Autos, farm equipment (will pay more if fluid has been drained), tin, washing machines, machine rolled barbwire, drained and certified freezers and refrigerators and air conditioners.
• Non-ferrous – a magnet will not stick to it. Copper, aluminum, brass, pot metal.
• Prepared metal- cut into 3 feet pieces brings more $ (call for grade).
• Newspaper, office paper, computer paper, catalogs, magazines, phone books.
• E-Waste (no TVs, computer monitors or microwaves).
24/7 Drop Off Bins in Pacific’s Lot Accept (please ensure rules are followed and you use the correct bin):
- #s 1 and 2 plastics plus bags (clean with lids off and included in bag). See Plastics We Can’t Accept.
- #5 plastic (clean with lids off and included in bag) See Plastics We Can’t Accept.
• Document destruction.
Salvation Army Thrift Shop, 265-1101
322 3rd Street. Hours: 9-5 Mon-Sat
PLEASE CALL FIRST
Will accept good quality, clean items:
• Everything from books to furniture, clothes (most are shipped to poor nations), small appliances, computers, household goods, cell phones, knick knacks, etc.
• NO REFRIGERATORS OR FREEZERS.
Triangle Communications, 394-7807
2121 US Highway 2 NW. Hours: 8-5 Mon-Fri
• Financial incentives for area schools recycling phone books. See website or call for details.
3510 US Hwy 2 W. Hours: 7am – midnight
• Purchase cloth bags for reuse to carry groceries.
• Used motor oil (use Automotive Center entrance).
Western Drug, 265-9601
123 5th Ave. Hours: 8:30-5:30 Mon-Fri
• Collect for disposal pickup old or unused client medications.